Model 10 Turntable
The SME Model 10 precision turntable is built to exacting engineering standards providing reliability and freedom from critical adjustments. Build integrity, sophisticated electronics and vibration free moving parts allow the full capabilities on any sound system to be fully explored.
The designer’s aim; a more affordable product, preserving as much as possible of the performance and engineering excellence found in the celebrated Model 30/2 ‘the best turntable of all time’.
- The Model 10 weighs more than 15kg (33lb) but is only Ø304mm, thus meeting all the requirements of high density construction on which freedom from colouration depends.
- The turntable is supported on three large polymer isolators within adjustable feet allowing quick and easy levelling.
- A cruciform sub-chassis carried on three polymer loaded towers. A novel design which affords impressive isolation without float.
- Fully machined extensionally damped platter, diamond turned top surface with a fine scroll finish for optimal record interface.
- Large diameter reflex record clamp ensures largest possible platter/record contact.
- Speeds: 33.3, 45 and 78 rpm.
- Polished stainless steel stylus guard.
- Soft dust cover to accommodate the turntable and arm, when not in use.
- Dimensions: 370 x 250 x 161mm (Record clamp fitted).
- Net weight with power supply: 16kg (38lb).
- Substantial packing case with internal fitments: 745 x 405 x 240mm.
- Shipping weight: 18.25kg (55lb)
MODEL 10 Pick-up Arm
The Model 10 precision pick-up arm derived from the popular Series 300 Model 309 is only for use with this turntable and has special features including:
- A simplified arm-base assembly specially designed for the Model 10 turntable, combining tracking adjustment with absolute rigidity.
- One piece pressure die cast magnesium arm tube.
- Detachable magnesium headshell affording azimuth adjustment.
- Effective mass: 9.5g.
- Cartridge balance range: 6-17g.
- Vertical tracking force: 0-3g.
Review Download Hi-Fi Choice
Review Download Hi-Fi News
Review Download Stereophile