Models 312-S Tonearm
The Model 312S precision pick-up arm is an extension of the popular Series 300 range designed with maximising performance and ease of use in mind. It has a detachable magnesium headshell to provide the convenience of rapid cartridge interchange whilst maintaining a degree of rigidity normally only associated with arms of one piece design.
The 12 inch magnesium construction takes advantage of the reduction in Maximum tracking error/distortion afforded by the greater arm length when compared with 9 inch models.
- The 12in pressure die-cast magnesium construction takes advantage of the reduction in maximum tracking error/distortion afforded by the greater arm length when compared with 9in models.
- Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- Design of headshell clamping ensures a rigid junction with the tone-arm.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axes at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before the tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial calibrated to correspond with VTF and has positive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non-reflective tone-arm termination.
- Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
- Alignment protractor designed to provide HTA setting with greater accuracy.
- Cartridge leads and internal wiring in Silver litz.
- Balanced Silver-hybrid audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.
Chrome Finish Option
A special chrome finish option is available for the Model 312-S.
|Model 312-S Dimensions||Model 312-S Specifications|
|A - Distance from pivot to stylus||308.80mm||Effective mass||14.0g|
|B - Distance from pivot to turntable centre||295.60mm||Cartridge balance range||7.0 - 19.0g|
|C - Cartridge fixing centres||12.70mm||+ One accessory weight - up to||24.5g|
|D - Offset angle||17.28°||+ Two accessory weight - up to||30.0g|
|E - Linear offset||91.54mm||Maximum tracking error||0.009°/mm|
|F - Overhang||12.60mm||Null points||Inner 63.62mm|
|G - Height above mounting surface||max. 87.90mm
|Internal wiring||Ultra-flexible Silver litz|
|H - Height of record surface above mounting surface||max. 55.90mm
|Audio lead||Length 1.2m|
|J - Depth below mounting surface||56.75mm||Weight net||820.0g|
|K - Radial clearance for balance weight||73.0mm|