Series 300 Tonearm
The Series 300 broadens the application of SME technology.
One piece magnesium tone arm, available as Model 309 and Model 310.
The detachable magnesium headshell has a new style coupling, providing the convenience of rapid cartridge interchange without loss of rigidity.
Our designers can be justly proud of these models which offer a performance and manufacturing excellence unmatched by many more expensive models.
- Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- New design clamping arrangement ensures rigid junction with tone-arm.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non reflective tone-arm termination.
- Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
- New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
- Internal wiring in silver litz.
- Balanced audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.
|Series 300 Dimensions||Model 309||model 310|
|A - Distance from pivot to stylus||232.32mm||238.50mm|
|B - Distance from pivot to turntable centre||215.35mm||222.0mm|
|C - Cartridge fixing centres||12.70mm||12.70mm|
|D - Offset angle||23.204°||22.569°|
|E - Linear offset||91.54mm||91.54mm|
|F - Overhang||16.98mm||16.50mm|
|G - Height above mounting surface||87.90mm max
|H - Height of record surface above mounting surface||55.90mm max
|J - Depth below mounting surface||56.75mm||56.75mm|
|K - Radial clearance for balance weight||73.0mm||73.0mm|
|L - Clearance between cabinet lid and record surface, assuming cartridge height at 17.0mm||37.0mm||37.0mm||Series 300 Specifications||Series 309||Series 310|
|Cartridge balance||6 - 17g||6 - 17g|
|Vertical tracking force||0 - 2.5g||0 - 3g|
|Maximum tracking error||0.013°/mm||0.013°/mm|
|Pivot-sindle centre distance||213.4mm||220.0mm|